Monday, May 23, 2011

The New Pink is Rattlesnake Pink (unfinished)

I don't know how I ended up outside
All I know is that I can't go back in
And I can't remember what it was I was trying to hide
All I know is that it's shining through my skin

So I turned myself inside out
I set my spine free
And I watched in slither away
And as I bled there in the grass
You know I just had to laugh
When them bones, they looked just like a snake

There's a freedom that I need to find on Hwy 65
Though I may not find it until I am dead and gone
And soaring like an angel on these pink snake entrail wings
Until the sky opens up
And I'm swallowed like a song

And I'll never have the chance to say
I loved you 'til that day
Letting go of all these songs I'll never sing
But I have faith that you'll all know what I mean when I say
That the new pink is rattlesnake pink

These drums are just rattlesnakes
These guitars are constrictors
Wrapping 'round my throat

That body you'll be burying, it long won't have been me

No comments: